Lockdowns, social distancing, necessary isolation … these are all but a distant memory as events get underway once again. People are taking full advantage of every opportunity to network, socialise and party, making this the perfect time for event organisers to do what they do best. But if there’s one thing the forced social distancing has taught us, it’s that we should be leveraging technology to make life easier and connect better. And when it comes to events, that means using an event app. Here’s what you need to know!
What is an event app?
This is a software application that works on smartphones to enhance the event experience for attendees, as well as the event organiser. This is a really useful management tool that increases interaction and improves communication between the event-goers and organisers, as well as between the event-goers themselves.
What to consider when choosing an event app
When you start your event app builder research, you’re going to be surprised by how many companies have jumped on this innovative market. But don’t get overwhelmed too soon, we’ve got you covered! Here are the main three things to consider when you’re on the hunt for the best event app.
• The price: With rising costs around every corner, this is often the first consideration with any new investment. And so it should be. But most event apps will come with different price packages depending on the size of your event and the features you choose. Alternatively, there could be a once-off price that makes budgeting easier and the app more cost-effective in the long run.
• The ease of use: The event app will need to have an intuitive interface that allows any attendee to easily access the information that they need when they need it. User experience is one of the most important aspects of every app, so you’d have to test trial this.
• The list of features: This obviously depends on the type of event you’re organising. The features will have to cover the event information, provide instant communication, increase attendee engagement and data collection for after event evaluation.
What are the best event app builders?
To make your life even easier, we’ve narrowed down our six favourite event builder apps and outlined their best features. This will let you quickly choose the best event app builder with which to work.
Whova originally began as an in-person event solution, before transitioning to support virtual and hybrid events, so they’re well-versed in all event formats. With hybrid settings, you can specify what event content can be seen by specific attendee types. This is really an all-in-one event management software.
• Event registration
• In-app announcements
• Speaker management
• Waiver forms
• Staffed and self-check-in
• Interactive digital booths
• Benefits for sponsors including in-app banners and tier benefits
• Community board discussion forum
• Q&As, session polling and chat sidebars
• Round tables, speed networking, and meet-ups
Read More: Benefits of Using a Mobile Event App in 2023
This is an industry-leading event app builder that helps the world’s leading brands create their most engaging events. HelloCrowd is the ideal app if you’re a full-time events’ specialists or organising just a once-off event. It has all the tools you need with a simple, once-off pricing for all features. They also offer you 24/7 tech support so you’re never on your own.
• Activation and deactivation of features depending on the specific event
• Create your own social network for attendees to communicate
• Live feedback through polling and Q&As
• Push notifications informing of highlights and last-minute updates
• Event gamification adds extra engagement and lets attendees win a prize
With HelloCrowd you can publish your conference app in minutes.
3. Crowd Compass
For the next level of attendee engagement, you might want to try Crowd Compass. This is a new user experience that helps to power connections at your events, both in-person and virtual events.
• Face-to-face virtual connections
• Inform attendees with schedules and speaker profiles
• Bring your virtual events to life
• Leverage sponsor and exhibitor tools for more revenue
• Track and analyse key event metrics and activities
• Apply built-in security and privacy controls
Hubilo is a virtual platform that can do anything for the people who do everything! It’s able to work with virtual, hybrid and in-person events, ensuring event success.
• Large suite of engagement features
• Unparalleled client experience
• Advanced branding capabilities for stylised colour branding, banners, videos and more.
Through Yapp, you’re empowering people to collaborate through your event by leveraging a number of features.
• Constantly updated directory for last-minute changes
• Connect directly with other app users
• Control what other app users see about you
• Social feed page.
• Store documents for downloading and reference
• Simple scheduling
• Photo wall for sharing
• Admin-only feed page and partner page
This is a fully-integrated online and mobile event app that’s easy to design, deploy and engage. It’s designed for in-person, hybrid and virtual events.
• Built-in live streaming, interactivity, virtual reception, networking tools, and more.
• Identify influencers who drive success for you and your sponsors
• Private video meetings
• Event tracking to identify intent signals
• Powerful content and networking features
• Registration built-in
Read More: What are the best alternatives to Attendify?
Start your best event app builder search by trying out the HelloCrowd free trial today!